Sunday, July 17, 2011

Earlobe too thin with purple streak inside from stretching?

I will admit that I went too fast in gauging my ears. A year ago I started gauging every week until I got to a 0, and from then on I would gauge every 2 to 3 weeks until I got to 5/8. After a month I went to 3/4 and that was a huge stretch, I got it done at a piercing shop because I couldnt do it myself and the stretch went fine, but I stupidly changed to flared plugs after 4 days because the huge tapers were hurting my ears, and ended up battling with infected torn earloabes for about a month after that and took them off for more than a month to heal the infection. I started all over again after they were healed, but was so eager to get back to what I used to be that right away from the 2 g I had shrunk, I was able to go to 1/2 in without any pain at all. I would wait 2 weeks in between stretches, but these stretches were painless, and I thought it was because I had my ears previously gauged to a bigger size. I got to 7/8 without any problem a month later but decided to downsize to 3/4 because one of my ears started stretching closer to where my head connects to my ear and I know that was from the result of fast stretching so I went back to try and correct that. But my other ear is way too thin, it is really dry always and peeling, and has scar tissue at the back that curls inwards from having torn that earlobe the first time I went to that size a couple of months back. My question now is, is my blood flow being cut off from the thiness and that is what has caused this redish purple streak across the inside of my earlobe? What should I do? Would taking off the plugs to let it reheal for a month or so solve that problem and the blood flow in my ear should return? I am just worried my ear will tear apart on its own if the problem is the blood flow? I have no infections my ears dont puss or anything of that sort nor hurt. My ear had practically torn all the way in half the first time so the scar tissue that grew to cover that is what is so thin around the ear.

No comments:

Post a Comment